Goal: Deliver monthly educational programs that will provide heightened knowledge, current "hot topics" and raise travel industry awareness.
Tools: Personal knowledge of travel industry speakers; direct and allied referrals; Chapter President's Council Speakers Resource Book.
Work Closely with: Communications Chair, Sites Manager and Ways & Means Committees.
- Secure speaker(s) for scheduled monthly meetings; negotiate speaking fee (if any). If fee is more than $1000, the possibility of sponsorship should be sought via Ways & Means prior to commitment to the speaker.
- Obtain the following from the speaker: Speaker's title and biographical information, Speaker's presentation topic and description of content. Secure a copy of the presentation that can be posted to the website after the presentation. If hand outs are to be provided, make sure you know who will be making the copies and ensure they are done prior to the meeting. Get clear instructions on the Audio/Visual requirements and ensure the venue is set up to accommodate those needs.
- Compose content of a General Announcement and send it to the Communication Chair for distribution to the membership. The announcement should include the following: Speaker's title and biographical information, presentation topic an ddescriptin of content, location, costs and registration deadline dates, driving directions.
- Compose content of website and post as early as possible using all of the above information.
- Travel information for the speaker: What is the origination airport. Check with Ways & Means to see if an airline vendor can sponsor the ticket and make reservations for the speaker. Hotel - Generally the property where the speaker is presenting will provide a room, confirm this with the sites manager and make the reservation.
- Secured Sponsorship - Request logos of sponsors for website posting.
- Maintains a calendar of annual events: date of meetings; locations; sites contacts; Ways & Means contact; Programs contact; time and action item/event remarks; presented to the board for review on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an on-going knowledge (record) of past meeting venues (which locations draw better attendance and why and any issues)
- Works closely with Programs to ensure venue is appropriate (location and size) and meets the objectives of the current month's meeting goals.
- Tours all proposed sites to become familiar wit hthe location and space size.
- Select sites; put space on tentative hold and drafts agreement letter.
- Review Banquet Event Order issued by venue for accuracy and any additional required information.
- Obtains meeting headcount from website 3 days prior to event and informs property.
- Requests direct billing for all meetings; secures any deposits and prepayemnts from the Treasurer; ensures payments are made within 30 days of receiving invoice.
Direct Member Forums
- Administers the quarterly Direct Member Forums (Must be a Direct Member) with the assistance of the Programs Chair.